August 20, 2017, 4:54 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: General

General
Evolve 4.0 - Artificial Life simulator with nice windows GUI and powerful genetic language en>fr fr>en
By kenstauffer Comments: 2, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Thu May 11, 2006 04:54 PM

I created an application called Evolve 4.0, it is a mixture of Conway's Game of Life, Core Wars and others. It has a decent windows GUI, and a neat genetic programming language. Also the source code is available (C/C++). It is specially designed for long term simulations (uses 64-bit integers in places to avoid overflows).

And finally, I just started a project in which a dedicated linux box will be running an instance of this simulator for
one whole year. The results will automatically be uploaded daily to the website ( www.stauffercom.com . . . )

The software is at: www.stauffercom.com . . .

The software is free and the source code is in the public domain.

2 Replies to Evolve 4.0 - Artificial Life simulator with nice windows GUI and powerful genetic language

I am an idiot en>fr fr>en
By kenstauffer Comments: 2, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Thu May 11, 2006 05:05 PM
Oh my god. This is a strange website from 5 years ago... Holy cow. I discovered an abandoned website. Anyhooooooo ... i feel stupid.
feeling like an idiot en>fr fr>en
By involution Comments: 1, member since Sat Jun 10, 2006
On Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:03 PM
You shouldn't feel like an idiot. You have the honour to be one of the first web archeologists.
The stagnant state of this web site only confirms what alife is all about.
involution

ReplySendWatch